Welcome to the kdays.com Running Blog Carnival.
Thursday is Blog Carnival Day. A Blog Carnival is basically a collection of articles or blog posts, all relating to a similar subject, that are gathered together for your viewing pleasure. You can quickly and conveniently see a range of articles and click on the ones that interest you to read the full post. Blog carnivals are a great way to see a wide variety of ideas and opinions on a similar subject.
Want to see your article or blog post featured in the kdays.com Running Blog Carnival? Submit yours now for the next issue.
- Rob Jones presents Getting Faster: Breaking Out of the Routine posted at Runninglife.us
I get a lot of questions from folks about running. They want to know all sorts of things. But the big question, the one that’s on everyone’s minds, is this: How do I get faster?
<read full article …>
- The Complete Running Network presents 100 Beginner Running Tips posted at the Complete Running Network.
This first top 100 post is the CRN teams first group writing project — everyone chipped in to come up with the list. We hope you like it and that it becomes a place you refer to often. Do you have tips that should be on this list?<read full article …>
- Becky Oliver presents Sand hills, trails and running in the rain…. (Training for Marathon des Sables 2008) posted at Becky Oliver.
On Sunday morning I woke up with a bit of pain in my shin. It seems that sand always makes my calves really tight. I filled up my pack to around 4.5 kg and we had a 1 hr 20 min run through the local trails. It took me a little while to warm up but I felt OK and it was beautiful weather and scenery on that day.<read full article …>
- Sabah Karimi presents How to Get Started in Eco-Running – Associated Content posted at Associated Content.
Whether you’re a jogger or a marathon enthusiast, eco-running may be the next adventure on your workout agenda. Eco-running is quickly becoming a popular way to extend your green hand and help the world become a cleaner place.<read full article …>
- Runs With Perseverance presents So who went to see “Spirit of the Marathon”? posted at Runs With Perseverance.
Last night was the screening of the movie “Spirit of the Marathon”, a documentary about 5 runners who trained for the 2005 Chicago Marathon. It was a great movie–very inspirational, some funny moments, and lots of tension at the end of the race.<read full article …>
- Megan Hall presents Week 5, Day 3: Getting it together (and a bit of celebration) posted at Running From 30.
Ha ha ha. Yesterday I was all gloating about how I have been so motivated lately, and I was working from home to make sure I could run today, and on and on and on. I should know better.<read full article …>
- Rob Jones presents Cold Weather Running: Getting Out the Door posted at Run For Your Life!.
Here’s how I trick myself into leaving the warmth of my home for the harsh wintery outdoors every single day of the week, sometimes twice a day.<read full article …>
- Christian Griffith presents Playing in the Mud | A Mountain Mist Race Report posted at Run 50 Miles.
The powerline section was really wild. Wide open vistas, and a field of tall, light brown, chest-high, whisping weeds on each side of the trail. It was a lot different than the spooky, misty, wooded trails that make up most of this race.<read full article …>
That concludes this edition. Thank you to everyone contributing to this edition of kdays.com Running Blog Carnival. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.
Be sure to tune in every Thursday for the next kdays.com Blog Carnival. Don’t forget – you can submit your own article for inclusion, just make sure it’s in by Wednesday each week.