Begin the process of becoming a web designer. This unit will ensure you have a basic understanding and the ability to produce useable and effective internet resources as part of a team with other design professionals. It also prepares you for additional units which will extend your internet design skills. The unit provides an overview and a basis for further design units. Key issues covered include: A historical look at web publishing; User considerations; Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML); Cascading Style Sheets (CSS); Typography; Bitmapped graphics; Designing for navigation and Online audio/visual media delivery.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- understand the issues involved in bringing traditional paper-based designs into an online publishing environment
- design and create web pages using knowledge of extensible hypertext mark-up language and cascading style sheets
- scan, manipulate, design and prepare suitable bitmapped and vector-based graphics for web delivery
- understand the concepts and principles behind web navigation
- develop their designs into a fully functional online web electronic environment
- implement, debug, and evaluate their developed designs on a World Wide Web server.
Popularity: 1% [?]